Friday, February 4, 2011

Vegan French Toast

I found this recipe at the Compassion over killing website. www.cok.net ~ They are doing great things over there to help animals and to promote compassionate living.

8 oz. silken tofu
1/2 cup water (I used vanilla soymilk)
1 t. sweetener (molasses or maple syrup... I added a bit more)
1/2 t. cinnamon
1 banana
6 slices of bread
Fresh berries (optional) - (I used frozen blueberries)
Maple syrup


Mix all the ingredients except the bread in a blender until smooth.

Pour the mixture into a shallow dish, dip the bread, and cook on a non-stick pan. (I think the only thing I would do different the next time is, to make sure the batter isn't so thick on the bread.. The first ones were soggy in the middle.. but it was still good because the batter tasted a bit like banana custard)

Turning once when the edges begin to brown. Serve with berries or maple syrup (or both :)

ENJOY! :)

No comments: