Thursday, March 13, 2008

"Almost" Homecookin'


I was so in the mood for mashed potatoes last night but running low on about everything in the kitchen so I came up this yummy meal... (note to self: I really need to work on my photography skills, it's pretty busy and you can hardly see the food) Has anyone else tried the Gardenburger Riblets? Oh my gosh are they delish, we've had them a few times now, the first time we made them into a sandwich with veganaise and lettuce on a piece of bread...so good. This time I made mashed potatoes, I boiled them in vegetable bouillon and then added soy garden butter and some plain soy milk with salt and pepper. Then made fried spinach which I just pattied up and coated it with flour, garlic, salt and pepper and fried it in some canola oil till the outside was crispy. We add some malt vinegar to it once it's on the plate. Not the healthiest way to eat your spinach but, boy, it reminds me of "home" because my mom use to make it the same way. Then the riblets are so easy because you just pop them in the microwave and 3 min. and 30 secs. later they are done. Terrific meal, we'll be eating it again soon! :0)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy... did you already eat the spinach???? I can't get my camera to take a good photo. Talking to you on phone! hehehe