Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Knock, knock.....Ether bunny...Ether bunny who?

We had so much fun for Easter...I think we have started a new tradition in our family and I hope we can inspire you to start one too! Instead of decorating eggs this year again we've decided to decorate cupcakes. I got the recipe from "Vegan cupcakes take over the world".


We should have made alot more cupcakes, we were just getting good by the time we were finished decorating the 24 that was made, but it was Sandy, Dennisa, Taylor, Anthony, Seth, Grandma (pictured above, decorating her one cupcake :0) and of course, me there decorating. Dennisa being the professional that she is, brought over all of her tips for making cool flowers and grass and all types of special effects on our gorgeous cupcakes. Here's some examples....

We had a blast, alot of laughing, we also had a small little "fake" contest on who could make the best decorated cupcake, Can you guess who didn't "fake win"?


We all had our favorites and I hope we can inspire you to make a friendly switch to make "everyone" happy next Easter. FYI...We had to much fun with our cupcake decorating that Dennisa and I are planning on doing it for Dad's Fish Fry this year! Little fish, a line with a hook on it with water bubbles, little boats with TAS on it....endless ideas!

Here's all our beautiful creations, so many different ones. Dennisa was so sweet to make all the colors but I think next time I make the frosting I will use just the shortening instead of adding any soy garden butter...room temp. it didn't want to stay "set up" making our flowers droop some. Owell, still delish though.
Believe it or not...I made an awesome potato salad and spinach dip with roasted garlic bread and I didn't take a picture of it...I know, call me crazy! I made everything to last 2 days and it didn't last past Saturday... :0) I think that was a complement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should now have a contest to see if anyone can guess who decorated which cupcake! Those look TOO AWESOME.... And if you ask me... so much better than eggs! You can only eat egg salad for so many days before getting gas... oh, I mean sick of it! But cupcakes.... now there's an Easter Treat! Love them!