Monday, March 10, 2008

Winter Storm food...

Winter Storm Food 2008

Jim's Sunday Breakfast...Wild blueberry Pancakes with Soysage...Jim's Soysage is in the center for a pancake sandwiche (I tried to give it an italian accent)...He also had scrambled eggs on the side but we waited so I could take this beautiful vegan plate :0)

Here's my plate with the soysage just placed on the top. I thought the plate was pretty so I took a pic. Jim is starting to make fun of me because of my "need" to take pictures of everything I cook :0)

Peanut "better" cookies from Viva le Vegan by Dreena...Yummy, yum, yum. I accidently left them in about 1 min. too long because they usually come out really soft and chewy, this time crunchy and still yummy..so owell, my boys still loved them ;0)

Seth's cupcake that he sprinkled himself, you can see no white frosting on the top of his...Just like a kid, too cute!

Soysage gravy and homemade buscuits ....My made up gravy recipe and buscuit recipe from "How it all Vegan" cookbook, I'll post it soon. I wanted to get all the photos up first, trying to figure out how to save the recipes to a different page so all you have to do is click on the name and you'll be at a easy page to print from. We'll see. :0)

Friday we had taco salad, with Refried black beans, Boca Crumbles with canned tomatoes from the garden, onion, chili powder, rubbed sage and cumin, Sour Supreme (Vegan sourcream), Lettuce and hotsauce with tortilla chips on the bottom...Yummy.

We had such a fun weekend, It was sad seeing Jim slip and slid his way out of the driveway and go to work this morning. But it gives me an opportunity to think of great things to make him this week and work on my photography skills....Hope everyone is dug out by now. Here's a picture looking in to my front door....





No comments: