Sunday, March 16, 2008

Yum...

I received a new cookbook from my AWESOME friend Sandy...Veganomicon By Isa Moskowitz & Terry Romero. So of course we had to try the most anticipated recipe which was the Chickpea Cutlets...They were so very good, I can't believe how good they are. I made the "cheezy sauce" from the same cookbook to spread over it. Also made mashed potatoes (been loving them lately) and broccoli. I, myself, put the cheezy sauce over everything, I'm in love with the sauce. Jim wasn't sure about the sauce because it has a definate nutritional yeast flavor and if you don't like that, I guess you just don't like it. But dinner was very, very delish.

We ate out of the freezer yesterday, Jim worked 16 hours so he ate out, Seth had veggie corndog and french fries....Now that's a Saturday dinner.

We made a beautiful breakfast this morning. My mom gave us some canned white potatoes so we've been using them when were feeling like "lazy" chefs. I opened 2 cans of those, chopped up a red pepper, onion, opened up a can of mushrooms, and chopped up 2 garlic cloves and threw all that together in one frying pan with probably a teaspoon of olive oil, Jim was in charge of the crumbled soysage. We put the potato mixture in a bowl and sprinkled the soysage on top. I put the "cheezy sauce" on mine and it was "over the top" delish. I'm totally full now and I'm going to enjoy the rest of my Sunday watching the boys play video games. (Note to self: Great pictures this time!) ~ Peace



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From my computer it looks very Irish... St. Pat's day was good at your house. (the cheesy sauce looked a greenish color... but still appatizing!) OOOOooo, the breakfast looked yum,yum,yummy! Golly I love potatoes! And your photography....your starting to look like a pro!